Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My own personal trainer...

So, as the new year has started and the holidays have surpassed I am once again back at my goal of losing weight and becoming more healthy. I have looked into gym memberships but they are either too much money or child care isn't offered or just too much of a hassle. So, I have purchased a DVD by Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. I have been doing this for about three or four days...not all in a row because it is quite a work out. It combines strength training with cardio and is supposed to be one of the best ways to burn fat and gain muscle. ( I guess we'll see right?) Anyway, Marquis was watching me work out one day and he wanted to do the workout along side me. Unfortunately, he wanted to use my weights which is not safe of course so I had to disappoint him and tell him no. He cried and I promised to find some weights for him. The next day I found his tinker toys and made him pretend weights and he loved it. He begged all day to work out. He was relentless constantly asking if I was ready to work out. Certainly a great motivation for me. But it gets better. I finally was ready to work out so we got our weights and started the work out. Like I said earlier this thing is really difficult especially for someone like me who is FAR from being in shape. So, I was having a tough time. I expressed my concerns with being able to do the work out aloud and Marquis was quick to respond. He said, "Mommy, you just have to try harder...here I'll show you....he got his weights and mimicked what they were doing and of course I kept on working out. Man, what a great little guy! He reminded me to do my work out and he gave me that extra push to keep going....I hope he keeps this up!! :)

4 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

YOU HAVE A BLOG!!! YAY!!! Now we can keep up with eachother all the time! I miss you, hope all is well!

The Coleman Family said...

i wondered if she was good???
im guessing you like her

Rachel said...

yes kaleigh I do like her workouts...the video is a bit cheesy but it is a REAL work out.

Elizabeth said...

I started doing this one too (I got bored of Tae Bo). The dumbbells I started out with were 9 pounds! Which was really hard so we went and got me some 5 pound dumbbells. It's still really hard.

Mr .Helper

Mr .Helper
He loves to help, here he is helping to paint our master bathroom!

Our "Kit Kat"

Our "Kit Kat"
She's growing up so fast!